There are three ways to register for a GST/HST number: by phone, fax or online. According to the Canada Revenue Agency, you’ll need some information before your register. Once you register, you’ll receive notification and your GST/HST number. Keep it somewhere safe.
How do I get a GST number for my business?
Now, how do you go on and register yourself?
- Access the official GST portal Gst.gov.in.
- Click on Services -> Registration.
- Under Registration, you will have two drop-down options, click on New Registration.
- Under that, you have to fill the required details like your mobile number, E-Mail address and Pan.
How do small businesses get GST?
To register for GST, the following documents are required:
- Company PAN Card.
- Photographs (passport size)
- Identity proofs like Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving Licence.
- Proof of address for your offices.
- Bank details via a statement/cancelled cheque or passbook.
- Certificate of association for Private Ltd Company or LLP/ OPC.
How much does GST number cost?
There is no payable fee upon registering for GST. Every business with an annual aggregate turnover of over Rs. 20 Lakhs must register for GST. There are 11 states in India that are configured with the special status.
Can I do GST registration myself?
GST registration can be easily done on the online GST portal. Business owners can fill a form on the GST portal and submit the necessary documents for registration. Businesses must complete the GST registration process.
Is GST required for small business?
Higher threshold for GST registration
However, any business whose turnover exceeds Rs 40 lakh in a financial year is required to register under GST. … This higher threshold under GST has brought compliance relief to many small businesses, including startups in India.
Do I need a GST number for my small business?
It may seem that all small businesses should immediately get a GST/HST number, but it really depends on the business. … If your business has revenue in excess of $30,000 in four consecutive calendar quarters, you have to register for a GST/HST number.
Can I get GST number without shop?
However, it’s not mandatory to register a company to get a GSTIN number. You can get your GSTIN as a sole proprietor or as a partnership business as well.
Is GST required below 20 lakhs?
You can avail GST exemption if you earn less than Rs. 20 lakh across all financial products irrespective of your physical location. Ask us: I am an IFA from Mysore, Karnataka.
How many days will it take for GST registration?
GST registration usually takes between 2-6 working days.
Is there any charge for GST registration?
8. What is the GST registration fee? For GST registration in India, there is no government fee. Anyone can get the GST registration for free of cost.
Can I sell on Amazon without GST?
Yes. If you are listing taxable goods, GST details are required to sell online. You need to provide GST number to Amazon at the time of registration. However, if you are selling only GST exempted categories, then this may not be required.